eClass Handout: All-Natural Baby Products
~written by Lori Nova Endres~
All-Natural Baby Product
$39 Instant Download ~ 11 Pages
- Massage OIls (mineral oil free)
- Baby Powders (talc free)
- Soothing Milk Baths
to Purchase Via
I can't think of a better use for natural homemade products than for our most precious little ones. The truth is, babies are so perfect just the way they are, they don't need much "product" - but what they do need you can make simply and inexpensively using all-natural ingredients.
Grocery store "baby" products (like talc-based "baby powder" and petroleum-based mineral oil sold as "baby oil") can often do more harm than good and should be avoided. The good news is that YOU can learn to make quality natural baby products so you'll have peace of mind knowing exactly what goes onto your baby (or your friends' babies) because you made it yourself!
In this eClass you will learn how to make:
- plant-based baby Massage Oil, a safe & healthy alternative to mineral oil
- talc-free Baby Powder scented with just a hint of organic essential oils
- gentle Milk Bath for the tub (great for a bath with mom & baby together!)
All products made in this class are great for babies or adults with sensitive skin who like to baby their skin! All ingredients used to make these products are 100% natural, and contain no synthetic ingredients, fragrances or preservatives/parabens. This is a wonderful class to take whether you have precious little ones at home or have friends or family with babies and want to give them natural gifts from the heart!
Page by Page Summary of What's In This eClass Handout:
- Page 1: Cover Sheet - with pictures of the final products & References (book sources).
- Page 2: A paragraph on the general safety of essential oils for babies. Information on Hydrosols (distillate waters) and why they are so wonderful for babies. Recommended places to buy hydrosols (if you want to learn how to make your own, we have a separate class on that).
- Page 3: How to Make All-Natural Aromatherapy Baby Oil (ingredients & directions for making). Paragraph on how to make your own infused oils (with herbs).
- Page 4: Other companies' baby oils with ingredients listed (for comparison purposes only). Some properties of recommended carrier oils.
- Page 5: Shelf Life Information Sheet (42 different plant/nut oils & butters).
- Page 6: How to Make All-Natural Baby Powder (ingredients & directions for making).
- Page 7: Other companies' baby powders with ingredients listed (for comparison purposes only).
- Page 8: How to Make All-Natural Baby Milk Baths (ingredients & directions for making). Other companies' baby bath products (for comparison purposes only).
- Page 9: Pregnancy & Essential Oil Information. Important Note: There are many differing opinions about what is safe for pregnant woman. It is ALWAYS BEST to check with your doctor about what is right for you. I put together a list and cross-referenced it with several different sources - that most people seem to agree with - regarding which essential oils to AVOID during pregnancy, which essential oils to be USED WITH CAUTION, and which essential oils are generally regarded as SAFE to use during pregnancy (with sources cited).
- Page 10: General Essential Oils Cautions
- Page 11: My Recommended On-Line Suppliers (7) relevant to the products made in this class. Supplier name, state, phone number, website (with direct hyperlink in the .pdf document) and in a few cases, a special Nova Studio discount code is given.
ABOUT THE TEACHER:
Lori Nova Endres, owner of The
Nova Studio, began making natural bath & body
products in her kitchen in 2000 as a way to make family &
friends homemade, practical gifts. Shortly thereafter, she began
sharing her passion by teaching classes. Lori opened The Nova Studio in Point Richmond, CA, in 2003. Lori has taught classes
for The University of Hawaii Manoa, The Handcrafted Soap Makers Guild, Foothill De Anza Community
College in Cupertino, The Learning Annex of San Francisco, Juniper
Tree Soap & Candle Supply in Berkeley, The Native American Cultural Center
& The Berkeley Ecology Center.