Using Bee Products in Your Formulations
Honey, Beeswax, Pollen, Propolis & Royal Jelly
~with Alice Duvernell~
(click for quotes from Alice's students)
**Check out our 4-Day Herbal Facial Product Making BOOT CAMP
which includes THIS CLASS and 8 OTHERS -- all in 4 DAYS!**
This unique seminar will delve into the wonderful world of BEE PRODUCTS: Beeswax, Honey, Pollen, Propolis & Royal Jelly – a natural health & beauty cabinet! They are ingredients of choice for cosmetic formulators because they act as a real food for the skin. Bee products are packed with mineral substances, vitamins, amino acids, and are extremely nourishing and soothing. Used in the right way, the bees’ bounty can enhance your body & facial products like no other natural ingredients can.
- BEESWAX is the ultimate skin protectant, creating a long-lasting protective barrier while still allowing the skin to breathe. It helps retain moisture, keeping skin supple, and is excellent when used in combination with other bee products for wound healing.
- HONEY, a wonderful ally for the skin, has been used since the beginning of time for scarring, wounds and infections. It’s antibacterial, softens the skin, and contains antioxidants that help maintain elasticity and youth.
- POLLEN is truly a “super food” and a powerful skin nutrient with emollient, anti-acne, regenerating and antioxidant effects. It’s very nourishing to the epidermis and hair, giving it strength and beauty.
- PROPOLIS, a key anti-aging ingredient, is used to help alleviate many skin conditions (it was used in balms for the gods & goddesses of Egypt). Bees use propolis to protect the hive from parasites and viruses as it holds powerful anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-fungal properties.
- ROYAL JELLY was a key cosmetic for the Egyptians. They used it to help their skin stay hydrated and protected in a very harsh and dry environment. Today Royal jelly is used in natural skincare products for its rejuvenating and toning properties. It’s also recognized in the medical realm to be effective against bacterial skin infections, dermatitis and eczema.
Using bee products will enhance your cosmetic formulations (lotions, creams, serums, cleansers, toners & more) and open you to a wide range of therapeutic effects. These include, but are not limited to, anti-aging, preservation, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, regenerative, balancing & re-mineralizing.
Bees are necessary to the well being of our ecosystem and many species are threatened by pollution. Using bee products helps support and maintain the art of bee keeping, a tradition older that the middle age. Using an in-depth seminar format, Alice brings back this ancient knowledge of the virtues of bee hives.
In the last half-hour of this seminar, students will create a 4-oz. herbal honey extract as Alice brings to light the different therapeutic uses of honey in your diet and how it can help reinforce your immune system, reduce allergies and soothe cough and bronchial infections. In addition to the honey infusion (which can be used either internally or externally), students will take home helpful handouts that include information on how to use bee products in various skin care formulations and applications.
ABOUT THE TEACHER:
Alice Duvernell is an artist & gilder who recently moved to the Bay Area after living in the south of France for the past 8 years. There she started researching problematic & sensitive skin types & developed an interest in the amazing virtues of essential oils & hydrosols. Her interest in culture & her studies in anthropology led her to travel in South America where she expanded her passion & awareness in native medicinal plants. During her last journey to Brazil, she set up a laboratory where she shared with the locals her techniques for making hydrosols & other cosmetics, using native plants. See our teacher page to view Alice's current classes.
Refer to the table above for price, date, time and registration options. Contact us at 510-234-5700 with any questions. Please read the Class Policies & Info Page before signing up.